INSA-Toulouse’s partner institutions of origin MUST send us by email the list of their students that they have selected for an exchange stay at INSA-Toulouse.
These exchange programs concern foreign students for whom the home institution has an agreement with INSA Toulouse and who wish to study at INSA Toulouse for 1 or 2 semesters. These students are called “Exchange students”. You can consult the partner institutions here.
You can apply twice a year:
- From March 2nd to April 2nd for the Autumn semester – Semester 1. Partner institutions must nominate their students from March 1 to March 28.
- From October 10 to November 10 for the spring semester – semester 2. Partner institutions must nominate their students from October 7 to November 7.
Courses that take place in the 1st semester (fall) will not be held again in the 2nd semester (spring).
Choose your scientific courses from a single department and in the same year of study.
If you have any questions regarding the constitution of your Study Contract, you can contact the International Relations correspondent of the desired department
Your Learning Agreement should include:
- Scientific courses in French or/and in English
- French language courses (“FLE”)
IMPORTANT: Before choosing your courses, you must take into account that the curriculum of INSA is different from the US/Canadian systems: the courses that take place during the autumn semester won’t be repeated during spring semester. So, you are strongly encouraged to choose your scientific courses in one department of studies and only one year of studies: for instance, only scientific courses in 4th year of Chemical Engineering.
Some exchange students tend to take their courses in many departments of INSA and also in different years of studies within the 5-year curriculum of INSA Toulouse. It may be the way they build their syllabus in their home institution but it is not authorized at INSA Toulouse and it would lead to creating time-tables with time conflicts impossible to solve. If the courses required by your home institution are given in two different departments or two different years at INSA, you must choose only one major and one minor. Don’t forget that in each pre-orientation and each department, an international coordinator is in charge of analyzing your application form, validating your learning agreement and providing you all necessary information to prepare your mobility at INSA Toulouse.
Download your Learning Agreement template :
Your Study Contract MUST contain:
- Scientific courses in French (see the catalogue) and/or English (see the brochure) : to be selected in a single study department from among our 8 specializations : (applied physics, etc.) and in the same year (3rd year, 4th year, etc.) of study, taking into account the year of study you will be in when you arrive at INSA and your academic level. Select the courses you wish to take in semester 1 / fall and/or semester 2 / spring: don’t forget to check the prerequisites for each course.
WARNING: for courses in Human Sciences or Physical and Sports Activities (IxCCxxx), see below as not all courses are open to exchange students. In case of doubt, please contact the International Relations Correspondent of the desired department.
- Courses in Human Sciences: you can complete your Study Agreement with courses in Human Sciences. In this case, you can choose any course from the list proposed, whatever the year, but make sure that you have the necessary prerequisites and a sufficient level of French (or English).
- French as a Foreign Language (FLE) courses, if your level is below C1.
> To self-assess your level in French, see the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Physical and Sports Activities: You can choose a course within the Physical and Sports Activities (1.5 ECTS).
Submit all requested documents on the online website : MoveOn
Documents to be uploaded:
- An official document stating your enrollment and authorizing your international mobility, signed by your university* (Example of document available here)
- Passport or Identity Card *.
- Letter of motivation *
- CV *
- Contrat d’études / Learning Agreement *.
- Transcript of marks for the two years preceding your application *.
- A short description of the courses taken during the year of application, if you do not yet have the corresponding marks *.
- A French test (if you have it, but not mandatory)
- Other documents: e.g. letters of recommendation
There is no need to send your application by mail or email.
Admission decisions to study at INSA Toulouse take place approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the application deadline.
They are sent to the interested parties with a copy to their home institution.
If you are accepted, the acceptance letter with all the necessary information will be sent by email as an attached file.
If your application is rejected, we will send you an email.
REGISTRATIONAt the end of June if you arrive for the 1st semester, our schooling department will send you by email the online pre-registration procedure with a student guide to help you with this procedure. If you arrive at the 2nd semester, you will receive it at the end of December.
WELCOME SESSIONThe International Relations Office (DRI) organizes a welcome session for exchange students before the semester starts. This meeting will take place:
- For the fall semester: beginning of September 2020 (in the Amphitheatre Fourier building 12)
- For the spring semester: mid-January 2021 in Salle des Thèses (building 8)